For full information on the EDEN concept and benefits, please click here.
The programme in Accounting will include seminars on the following topics :
- Analytical Accounting Research
- Audit Research
- Qualitative Research in Accounting (former Case-Based Research in Management Accounting)
- Empirical Financial Accounting Research
- Intangibles, Intellectual Capital & Value Creation
- Producing and Evaluating Knowledge in Management Accounting
- Quantitative Empirical Research in Management Accounting
|PROGRAMME COORDINATOR & FACULTY
Ann Vanstraelen, Maastricht University, The Netherlands (Programme Coordinator)
Mark Peecher, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign , U.S.A
Linda Myers, University of Tennessee. U.S.A.
The objective of the seminar is to take doctoral students to the frontiers of audit research. The seminar will cover both audit market research and behavioral audit research. Emphasis will also be placed on regulation and institutional issues affecting auditor behavior and audit markets. Furthermore, time will be devoted to discuss challenging research opportunities in auditing, the process of conducting audit research, and selecting the appropriate research methodology and design, which should help students to identify an important research topic and develop a sound research proposal.
Topics that will be covered:
- The functioning of audit markets: demand and supply
- Audit market structure: concentration, industry specialization and competition
- Audit quality: audit inputs – audit process – audit outcomes – audit context
- Auditor judgment, expertise, and professional skepticism
- Organization of accounting firms: ownership and operating structures, audit firm governance, liability
- Institutions, incentives and regulation affecting the auditing profession.
Detailed programme will be posted shortly
The seminar is designed primarily for doctoral students, but post-docs and other early stage researcher may also benefit from attending. We assume students have a basic knowledge of audit research obtained during their (Research ) Master studies or equivalent. Please let us know if you do not have this basic knowledge of audit research, and we will provide you with a reading list to prepare for the seminar.
Upon successful completion of the seminar , the participants will be given a certificate and granted 4 ECTS.
Interested doctoral students should register online (and add the required documents) no later than December 12, 2018. Besides doctoral students, other researchers may participate. The number of participants will be limited to create a stimulating environment. The selection among the applicants will be conducted by the Institute’s Faculty. They will review the following documents which should necessarily complement each application form:
- the applicant’s curriculum vitae demonstrating his/her capabilities of doing research ;
- a letter of recommendation of his/her local faculty supporting the application ;
- a two-page description of his/her doctoral research, indicating the general objectives.
The participation fee is 1100 € (VAT Exempt). This fee includes participation to the seminar, the documents, lunches and one group dinner
The Institute offers a limited number of scholarships of 550 € each. Scholarships are strictly limited to students coming from an EIASM Institutional Member (the Academic Council). Allocation of the scholarships is entirely at the discretion of the European Institute.
Cancellations made before January 24, 2019 will be reimbursed with 10% deduction of the total fee. No reimbursement will be possible after this date.
TIME AND LOCATION
The seminar will be held at the Antwerp University, Antwerp, Belgium.
The programme will start on February 18, 2019 and is scheduled to end February 22, 2019
You are requested to make your own hotel arrangement.
A list of recommended hotel will be posted soon.
TO APPLY CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Nina Payen
EDEN Manager, EIASM -
PLACE DE BROUCKERE - 31 - 1000 BRUSSELS - BELGIUM
Tel: +32 2 226 66 61 - Fax: +32 2 512 19 29