Prof. Dr. Christoph Watrin
Institute of Accounting and Taxation
University of Münster
Prof. Dr. Christiane Pott
TU Dortmund University
Prof. Dhammika Dharmapala, Ph.D.
University of Illinois at Urbana at Champaign, USA
Prof. Kevin Markle, Ph.D.
University of Waterloo, CA
The goal of the seminar is to bring together international scholars working on current issues in taxation. Thereby we will learn about different worldwide tax research and create a setting where work in progress can be improved and discussed in-depth. Especially the attendance and moderating function of the keynote speakers offers an excellent possibility to receive meaningful feedback for submitted work.
Relevant topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Accounting for income taxes.
• Tax accounting and capital markets.
• Similarities and differences between tax and financial accounting; book-tax conformity.
• Tax planning, tax avoidance and earnings management.
• Tax uncertainty, tax complexity and tax risk.
• Corporate governance and taxation.
• Taxation of multinational corporations.
• Taxation of family firms and public companies.
• Taxes and non-tax costs. Implicit taxes.
• Taxpayer behavior, tax compliance, tax consulting.
• The current and evolving duties of tax administrators and policymakers.
• Proposals for tax reforms, tax policy, recent legislative or regulatory changes.
• Important current tax issues.
• Taxes in a changing economic, regulatory, and fiscal environment.
• Tax harmonization.
All presenters are expected to serve as discussant of one other paper.
The COVER PAGE has to include the following information:
- Each Author’s name, his/her affiliation, address, telephone, fax, e-mail
THE PRPOSAL will consist of an abstract of 2 pages (cover page not included)
- All proposals should be single spaced, 11 point font, Times new roman or similar.
- The Abstract should include:
o Purpose/topic of research
o Research method
o Theories used
o Contribution of research
Proposal Submission: 12 May 2014
Registration of authors: 11 June 2014
Submission of final papers: 20 June 2014
The Münster Institute of Accounting and Taxation offers five scholarships for young research fellows of 300 € each. To apply for a scholarship please send your proposal and a PhD confirmation letter to Dr. Adrian Kubata at email@example.com by 29 April 2014. Scholarships wil be assigned by lot. Applicable are only participants who present a paper at the workshop.
Click here for the detailed programme.
A Ph.D. Seminar will be taught by the keynote speakers on July 2-3, 2014. All orkshop participants are invited to this Seminar (free registration for workshop participants!). For details please contact Dr. Adrian Kubata at firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants of the doctoral seminar have to present one of the papers from the reading list. Papers will be assigned by MIAT.
Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster
• Treffhotel http://www.ramada.de/hotels/hotels_index.php?hotel_code=80010 ; prices per night from 99 € (breakfast excluded)
• Stadthotel Münster http://www.stadthotel-muenster.de/; prices per night from 72 € (breakfast excluded)
• Agora Hotel am Aasee http://www.agora-muenster.de/start.php?einstieg=hotelaasee; price per night from 70 € (breakfast included)
|For participants affiliated with an institution that is member or associate member of the EIASM's
|300,00 € (VAT Exempt)|
|For participants coming from another academic institution
||390,00 € (VAT Exempt)|
Cancellations made before June 16, 2014 will be reimbursed minus 20% of the total fee. No reimbursement will be possible after that date.
Payments should be made by :
- The following credit cards: Visa or Eurocard/Mastercard/Access
Ms. Cristina Setyar - EIASM Conference Manager
PLACE DE BROUCKÈRE-PLEIN - 31 - 1000 BRUSSELS - BELGIUM
Tel: +32 2 226 66 69 - Fax: +32 2 512 19 29