UNIVERSITAT POLITÈCNICA DE VALENCIA
Professor David COLLINGS – Dublin City University, Ireland
Professor Marta PERIS-ORTIZ – Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Professor Hugh SCULLION – National University of Ireland, Galway
Professor Vlad VAIMAN – California Lutheran University, U.S.A. (Coordinating Chairperson)
September 24, keynote speech by Prof. Randall SCHULER
"The Many Faces of Talent Management: Perspectives, Synergies and Roads Ahead”.
September 25, keynote speech by Prof. Paul EVANS
"Taking Talent from the Corporate to the Macro Arena: The Global Talent Competitiveness Index”.
Following on from the three highly successful Workshops on Talent Management that were held in Brussels in 2012 and 2013, and in Berlin in 2014, the 2015 Workshop is intended to provide a forum for academic debate on the rapidly growing field of talent management.
Talent Management is increasingly identified as a critical success factor in the corporate world yet academic research on the area has developed more slowly and despite the growth of recent research it still lags behind practice. This workshop is designed to bring together leading and emerging scholars working from a range of disciplines in the area of talent management with the intention of developing theoretical and empirical work which can contribute to this rapidly emerging area of study.
To create a forum for academic exchange of conceptual and empirical (qualitative or quantitative) research in the area of talent management. The workshop has a strong developmental focus and as such encourages research which may be in progress as well as completed research.
Therefore we invite papers from a wide range of disciplinary traditions that explore talent management issues from both theoretical and practical perspectives, and we encourage papers which are multi-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary in nature.
We welcome empirical papers from both qualitative and quantitative traditions. We would particularly welcome papers from regions and countries which have to date been underrepresented in debates on talent management.
Topics of interest (which are not inclusive) include the following:
- The conceptual and intellectual boundaries of talent management
- Theoretical models of talent management
- Global talent management and the role of the corporate HR function
- Demographic trends and talent management
- The identification and evaluation of talent
- The nature and operation of talent pools
- Talent management and the global economic crisis
- Talent management and career development
- Talent management and ethics
- Talent management in SME organizations
- Talent management in not for profit organizations ( e.g., volunteer organizations)
- Corporate Social Responsibility and talent management
- Talent Management in the Emerging Markets
- Women and Talent Management
- Employer branding and talent management
- Knowledge Management and talent management
- Talent Management and leadership
- Talent management and innovation
THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS OVER
Please click HERE to download the workshop programme
The ISSN number for the workshop papers
The Workshop will take place in the premises of the
Polytechnic University of Valencia.
Los Naranjos Avenue
Entrance "Meeting point 10"
Zip code: 46022
3 hotels are suggested. Please find details HERE
It is recommended to book your room as soon as possible using the attached booking forms.
Hotel Melia is located in the city center.Transportation to the university and back will be organised on Monday and Tuesday from and to the hotel Melia.
FEES and REGISTRATION
The fees include participation to the workshop, lunches, morning and afternoon refreshments.
An optional workshop dinner is being organised on September 24. If you are interested to join the group, please thick the box when registering (price 40 EUR)
|For participants affiliated with an institution that is member or associate member of the EIASM's
|290,00 € (VAT Exempt)|
|For participants coming from another academic institution
||40,00 € (VAT Exempt)|
Cancellations made before September 1, 2015 will be reimbursed minus 20% of the total fee. No reimbursement will be possible after that date.
Payments should be made by :
- The following credit cards: Visa or Eurocard/Mastercard/Access
Ms. Graziella Michelante - EIASM Conference Manager
PLACE DE BROUCKÈRE-PLEIN - 31 - 1000 BRUSSELS - BELGIUM
Tel: +32 2 226 66 62 - Fax: +32 2 512 19 29