We gratefully acknowledge the support of the CIMA's General Charitable Trust
Kari LUKKA (Turku School of Economics, University of Turku, Finland)
Michael SHIELDS (Michigan State University, U.S.A.)
The rate of change in the practice of and research on management accounting appears to be increasing. Many organisations are attempting to change their existing, or implement new and innovative, management accounting systems and practices, based on new management accounting and business ideas, strategies, technologies, structures, processes, operative locations, and information. A number of new challenging objects of planning, control and measurement have recently emerged, including intellectual capital, networks of organisations, big data, and environmental and organizational sustainability. The roles and designs of budgeting systems appear to be changing and the significance of performance management and measurement in many variations is increasing. While much of this innovation and implementation concentrates on new costing or performance management or measurement systems and practices, there are also changes related to the roles of management accountants in organisations. Current developments such as those outlined above provide many new and exciting opportunities for innovative management accounting research, and for a fruitful integration of existing accounting knowledge and the currently emerging practice issues. There are indications of increased collaboration between researchers and practitioners in the spirit of engaged scholarship, too.
The purpose of this conference, like its nine predecessors, is to examine innovative management accounting practices and innovative ideas about how to conduct research on them. The conference will consist of plenary sessions and research paper presentations. The general theme for the next conference is "Innovations in management accounting practice and research”. The invited plenary speakers are:
- Eva LABRO, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- Norio SAWABE, Kyoto University, Japan
- Marc WOUTERS, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
- Clara CHEN, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
Submission of papers that deal with innovative management accounting practices, theories, or research methods are particularly relevant to this conference. For reference, papers on the following types of issues are welcomed warmly:
- innovative management accounting practices in particular parts of the world
- management accounting in new organizational designs (e.g., flat, horizontal, hybrid, matrix, network, virtual, team)
- management accounting systems for big data, enterprise resource planning systems, e-commerce, digitalized data interchange, electronic meetings, customer relationship management, and supply chain management
- value chain and inter-organizational accounting
- new management accounting techniques, processes and information
- linkages between competitive strategy and management accounting
- integration and disintegration of management accounting
- challenges of globalization for management accounting
- changing roles of management accountants in organizations
- information about what practitioners expect management accounting researchers to do
- role of social sciences and other theoretical perspectives in researching innovative practices
- comparative analyses of various theoretical approaches
- new theories for researching innovative practices
- ways of improving the relevance, validity, and reliability of theory-based empirical research
- role of research design in management accounting studies
- research method issues in researching innovative practices
- innovative ways of conducting management accounting research
Completed papers intended for presentation at the conference should be submitted by
15 September 2016
Please click HERE to submit online.
Guidelines to submit:
Maximum file size of 2048 KB
To be acceptable, proposals MUST be submitted through this web site!
The papers will be considered for presentation at concurrent sessions by the Programme Committee, and a response will be given by 15 October 2016.
There will be an appointed discussant for each paper presented at the Conference.
Please click HERE to download the program overview
Please click HERE to download the parallel sessions program
The ISSN number for the conference papers is :
The conference will start on Wednesday December 14, 2016 early afternoon and is scheduled to end at approximately 5 p.m.on Friday, December 16, 2016
The whole workshop will take place in the Hotel Métropole in which the EIASM premises are located (Place De Brouckère-plein 31, 1000 Brussels).
The Hotel Métropole is marvelously well located right in the historical centre of Brussels, just a few steps away from the “Grand-Place”, the “Bourse” and the “Theatre de la Monnaie” and close to the central and north railway stations, that each have direct connections to Brussels International airport.
- Hotel Métropole ***** (conference location)
Place de Brouckère 31 - 1000 Bruxelles
Fixed EIASM rate during the whole year :
- During the week :
Single room at € 165 ,-/ night + city tax € 9.28 per person/per day
Double room at € 195,-/night + city tax € 9.28 per person/per day
Including buffet breakfast and selection of six offered drinks per night in the mini-bar on arrival (2 Belgian Beers, 2 Sodas and 2 mineral waters), free WiFi Internet access during the stay, free access to the fitness area, cancellation policy up to 6 PM without any charges
- During the week-end : (Night of Friday/Saturday & Sunday) :
Superior Single room at € 140 ,-/ night + city tax € 9.28 per person/per day
Superior Double room at € 140,-/night + city tax € 9.28 per person/per day
Including buffet breakfast and selection of six offered drinks per night in the mini-bar on arrival (2 Belgian Beers, 2 Sodas and 2 mineral waters), free WiFi Internet access during the stay, free access to the fitness area, cancellation policy up to 6 PM without any charges.
To take advantage of these special rates, please mention “EIASM” when making your reservation. However, according to the period of the booking, some better rates could be offered by contacting the hotel directly.
We also advice you to check prices on the internet !!
Tel. : + 32 2 214 24 25 or + 32 2 214 24 26 or + 32 2 2142424 -
- Hotel NH Collection Brussels Centre (very close)
Boulevard Adolph Max 7
Tel +32 (0)2 214 07 44 - email@example.com
Special rate (single or double room) 159 EUR (including breakfast) + city tax € 7,58 per person/per day
Please mention "EIASM " when making your reservation.
- Hotel Marivaux (very close)
Boulevard Adolph Max 98
1000 Brussels - www.hotelmarivaux.be
Special rates (all taxes included)
Monday-Thursday: € 115.00/night (breakfast included) - single Club room
Monday-Thursday: € 135.00/night (breakfast included) - single Harmony room
Friday, Saturday, Sunday: € 80.00/night (breakfast included) - single Club room
Friday, Saturday, Sunday: € 100.00/night (breakfast included) - single Harmony room
There is a supplement of € 10.00/night for a double Club room (breakfast included).
To book a room : firstname.lastname@example.org and mention EIASM
HOW TO REACH US :
Please see : http://www.eiasm.org/r/contact-us
FEE : (VAT excluded)
The fees include :
- participation to the conference
- conference documents
- conference welcome cocktail
- 2 lunches
- conference dinner
- morning and afternoon refreshments.
|For participants affiliated with an institution that is member or associate member of the EIASM's
|435,60 € (including 75,60 € VAT)|
|For participants coming from another academic institution
||504,57 € (including 87,57 € VAT)|
Cancellations made before November 20, 2016 will be reimbursed minus 20% of the total fee. No reimbursement will be possible after that date.
Payments should be made by :
- The following credit cards: Visa or Eurocard/Mastercard/Access
Ms. Graziella Michelante - EIASM Conference Manager
PASSAGE DU NORD - 19 - 1000 BRUSSELS - BELGIUM
Tel: +32 2 226 66 62 - Fax: +32 2 512 19 29