Linda Ann Myers
Haslam Chair of Business and Distinguished Professor of Accounting
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA
Pietro A. Bianchi Fedrigoni (Florida International University, USA)
Christopher Bleibtreu (BI Norwegian Business School, Norway)
Mara Cameran (Università Bocconi – SDA Bocconi School of Management, Italy)
Kris Hardies (University of Antwerp, Belgium)
Angela Pettinicchio (Università Bocconi – SDA Bocconi School of Management, Italy)
The workshop aims to promote discussion by sharing recent research on the major topics related to audit quality. The target audience: academics, PhD students, regulators and practitioners in the area of auditing and governance.
The workshop aims to promote discussion among academics by sharing recent research on the major topics related to audit quality.
Papers on the following areas are welcome:
- the role of regulation in improving audit quality
- corporate governance systems and their impact on audit quality
- audit quality and ethical standards
- auditor characteristics (independence, reputation, industry specialization) and audit quality
- auditor personal and professional skills as key drivers of audit quality
- audit market structure and audit quality
- audit quality and client pressure
- audit/accounting education and audit quality
- litigation and audit quality
- measurement of audit quality
- audit behaviour (professional scepticism, incentives) and audit quality
- audit quality and capital market efficiency
To be eligible for presentation, manuscripts written in English must be submitted through the EIASM website. Only full papers will be considered in the selection. A discussant will be appointed to each presentation.
Full paper submission deadline: 29 May 2020
Notification of acceptance: as of 15 June 2020
Author's registration: 4 August 2020
Final paper submission: 4 September 2020
The academic programme will start on October 9th, at 9 AM and finish on October 10th at lunchtime. The workshop dinner will take place on October 9th.
A detailed schedule will be available closer to the event.
Hotel Due Torri
Piazza S. Anastasia, 4
FEES - to be announced
The fees include participation to the workshop, documents, two lunches, one workshop dinner, coffee breaks.
Ms. Cristina Setyar - EIASM Conference Manager
PASSAGE DU NORD - 19 - 1000 BRUSSELS - BELGIUM
Tel: +32 2 226 66 69 - Fax: +32 2 512 19 29