|HOSTED AND CO-ORGANISED BY
Professor Pierre-Laurent BESCOS
Professor Eric CAUVIN
393, Promenade des Anglais
06202 Nice cedex 3
Professor Marc J. EPSTEIN
Rice University and Harvard Business School, U.S.A
Professor Jean-François MANZONI
IMD International, Switzerland
The second edition of the EIASM workshop on performance measurement and management control was a great success. Over 120 scholars participated in the workshop, 54 papers were presented, some of which later appeared in a book published by JAI Press (Elsevier Science) in the US and Europe* . In light of the success of this second workshop, and to continue to explore and exchange on these issues, a third edition of the workshop will take place in 2005.
As in the first edition, the workshop will be focused broadly on “performance measurement and management control”. But we also want to give this third workshop a particular emphasis on methods and approaches that are associated with the role of performance measurement and management control in improving organizations and society, defined broadly.
In the last conference, we focused on superior organizational performance. But, is there also a large ignored cost in the pursuit of this performance? Do our management control and performance measurement systems drive the short termism that is often criticized? Do the pressure to perform and the increased number of initiatives in organizations push people too hard and are there ways to redesign management control and performance measurement systems to improve the quality of life both within and outside corporations?
This workshop will provide a full exploration of the current research on these topics, as well as an opportunity to discuss current research, current corporate practice and future trends in research and practice.
The two invited speakers will present their most recent work on management control and performance measurement. This will include an update on the current research in the field and extensive discussion of business practices and trends in these areas.
* see : Marc Epstein and Jean-François Manzoni (editors), “Performance Measurement and Management Control: Superior Organizational Performance” (JAI-Elsevier Science, 2004) - http://www.elsevier.com/locate/series/smfa
Please click HERE to download the conference main preliminary programme.
Please click HERE to download the conference parallel session programme.
USEFUL MAP :
Please click HERE to download a map showing the Hotel Plaza and EDHEC.
Busses and prices are also indicated.
CONFERENCE LOCATION :
The conference programme will already start on Wednesday September 21 end of the afternoon with registration and an informal welcome drink. This part of the programme will be organized in the premises of EDHEC in Nice (Access: 79, boulevard René Cassin at Nice – west of Nice, near the airport and Arenas area).
The academic part of the conference will however begin on Thursday September 22 very early in the morning. The whole meeting will take place in the very nice Hotel Plaza. This hotel is located in the City Center (near the old part of Nice)
Web sites of Hotel Plaza and EDHEC :
HOTEL PLAZA :
- The HOTEL PLAZA offers a very special rate to the conference participants.
The price of a single room is : 159 EUR
The price of a double room is : 175 EUR
Buffet breakfast included
We advise you to book your room as soon as possible.
To make your booking, please use the form available when clicking HERE (download it and fax it to the hotel)
- Here are several hotels suggested which are located in the Hotel Plaza's surroundings. You are requested to contact them directly to check prices and to book your room. The prices mentioned are indicative and can vary according to the date of reservation.
* Best Western Premier Hotel West End
31 Promenade des Anglais, 06000 Nice
This hotel offers special rates, but only if you mention that you are attending an EDHEC event. The special rates are:
- single room with view on town (103€) and with view on sea (113€)
- double room with view on town (113€) and with view on sea (129€)
* Grand Hotel Aston - 12, AV. Félix Faure 06000 Nice (+/-110€)
* Hotel Nice Riviera - 45 Rue Pastorelli 06000 Nice (+/-85€)
* Quality Hotel Acropole - 25 Bd Dubouchage, 06000 Nice (+/-80€)
* Hotel Albert 1er - 4 Av. Phocéens, 06000 Nice (+/-79€)
To find more hotels
Fees will be posted shortly
Cancellations made before September 15, 2005 will be reimbursed minus 20% of the total fee. No reimbursement will be possible after that date.
Payments should be made by :
- The following credit cards: Visa or Eurocard/Mastercard/Access
Ms. Graziella Michelante - EIASM Conference Manager
PLACE DE BROUCKÈRE-PLEIN - 31 - 1000 BRUSSELS - BELGIUM
Tel: +32 2 226 66 62 - Fax: +32 2 512 19 29