Eli Broad Graduate School of Management - Michigan State University
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE
The rate of change in the practice of and research on management accounting appears to be increasing. Many organisations are attempting to change their existing, or implement new and innovative, management accounting practices, based on new management accounting and business ideas, practices, strategies, structures, processes, systems, and information. A number of new challenging objects of measurement and control have recently emerged, including intellectual capital and networks of organisations. The roles and designs of budgeting systems appear to be changing. While much of this innovation and implementation concentrates on new costing or performance measurement systems, there is also change related to the roles of management accountants in organisations. Current developments outlined above provide many new opportunities for innovative management accounting research, and for a fruitful integration of existing accounting knowledge and the currently emerging practice issues.
The purpose of this conference, like its six predecessors, is to examine innovative management accounting practices and innovative ideas about how to conduct research on them.
The conference will consist of plenary sessions and research paper presentations. The general theme for this next conference is "Innovations in management accounting practice and research”. The theme covers issues like innovations of management accounting in health-care institutions, management accounting innovations as related to global communications, the implications of institutional theory on management accounting, and innovative modes of thought in management accounting.
The invited plenary speakers are:
• Ranjani Krishnan, Michigan State University, USA
• Alan Richardson, York University, Canada
• Keith Robson, Cardiff Business School, UK
• Wim van der Stede, London School of Economics, UK
CALL FOR PAPERS
Submission of papers that deal with innovative management accounting practices, theories, and research methods are particularly relevant to this conference. For reference, papers on the following types of issues are welcomed warmly:
* innovative management accounting practices in particular parts of the world
* management accounting in new organizational designs (flat, horizontal, matrix, network, virtual, team)
* management accounting systems for enterprise resource planning systems, e-commerce, electronic data interchange, electronic meetings, customer relationship management, and supply chain management
* value chain accounting
* new management accounting techniques, processes and information
* linkages between competitive strategy and management accounting
* integration/disintegration of management accounting
* challenges of globalisation for management accounting
* changing roles of management accountants in organizations
* information about what practitioners expect management accounting researchers to do
RESEARCH: * role of social science and other theories in researching innovative practices
* comparative analyses of various theoretical approaches
* new theories for researching innovative practices
* ways of improving the relevance, validity, and reliability of theory-based empirical research
* role of research design in management accounting studies
* research method issues in researching innovative practices
* innovative ways of conducting management accounting research
THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS OVER !!!!
The papers will be considered for presentation at concurrent sessions by the Programme Committee, and a response will be given by 15 October 2010.
There will be an appointed discussant for each paper presented at the Conference.
* Hotel NH Atlanta (next door) ****
Boulevard Adolph Max 7
Tel 00800 0115 0116 (free of charge) - email@example.com
Special rate (single or double room) 155 EUR (including breakfast)
Please mention "EIASM " when making your reservation.
* Citadines Apart'hotel (10 minutes walk)
51 quai au Bois à Brûler - 1000 Brussels
Tel 32 2 221 14 11 - Fax 32 2 2211599 -
To book a room, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and mention EIASM