Dr. Tomas CASAS KLETT
Portfolio Partner, Center for Corporate Governance, Institute for Leadership and HRM
Lecturer, University of St. Gallen ***
Independent Researcher based in Shanghai and Beijing
Professor Thierry VOLERY
Swiss Research Institute for Small Business and Entrepreneurship
University of St Gallen
***The profile of the University of St. Gallen, a leading Swiss University
founded in 1898, is shaped by an integrative view of Business Administration,
Economics, Law, Social Sciences and the Humanities.
Its Center for Corporate Governance has as its vision to be a unique,
independent and international center for board effectiveness through
the combination of research, practice and education
“Asian-themed Management and Organizational Studies” is Timely:
This 3rd Asian-focused Workshop is a space for scholars based in Europe to gather and discuss current research on management and entrepreneurship in Asia. Participants will submit abstracts/papers with an Asian perspective. For the last two years, a important part of contributions were China-themed yet the Workshop also benefited greatly from contributions focused on Japan, India and SE Asia.
The Workshop is a unique opportunity for researchers to intimately share their work, seek commentary, give feedback on each other’s conclusions and form new research collaborations while seeking to explore the theoretical and empirical issues related to a diversity of themes. Through an associated and newly launched Linkedin Group [Management Science Asia] the Workshop has a year-around platform that will support the communication among our network.
In short, at the 2010 EIASM Workshop we will review Asian-themed work on organizations, managers, firm-founders, strategy, organizational behaviour, resources. The vision is for Workshop participants to promote high-quality academic work that contributes to the development of knowledge in the fields of strategic management and entrepreneurship. As with the first and second editions, both leading and young scholars will meet and share their conclusions and perspectives.
“Knowledge on Asia” in Europe is Relevant:
The Workshop will be structured around two tracks each working a specific space:
Track 1: Asian Management and Organizations
Track 2: Asian Entrepreneurship and New Wealth Creation
A variety of themes will be addressed, including the those below:
• The Financial Crisis: Strategies for Recovery from Asia.
• Mercantilism, export-orientation and trade surpluses as destabilizing factors for markets and firms.
• Japan’s ‘lost decades’ and its impact on firms in Asia and the World.
• Indian service sector firms and their Western counterparts: cooperation and competition.
• Made in Europe, Made in Japan and Made in the US vs. Made in China and Made in India vs. Made Together.
• Input based growth vs. efficiency based growth strategy formulation at Asian firms.
• The modus operandi of the Chinese and Indian Diaspora; the value of guanxi, social and political networks.
• How does the European market (and its economic and monetary union) affect strategy formulation of old and new Asian firms?
• Distinct biases and heuristics mediating entrepreneurship: Asian perceptions of business opportunities.
• Institutional elements and the structure of opportunity in Indian and Chinese entrepreneurship, and in Japanese non-entrepreneurship.
• Entrepreneurship of last resort: images, myths and metaphors of Asian entrepreneurs.
• Asian conglomerates and family firms: reorganization, governance, decentralization, minority shareholders, international partnerships and transparency.
EIASM welcomes scholars of the various disciplines covered by management and entrepreneurship studies to submit papers with an Asian component.
As with the first edition, open discussions of papers and ideas will occur at the challenging and exciting,
The submission deadline is over
|INTERNATIONAL STUDIES OF MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATION (ISMO)
We are happy to announce that the Journal
"International Studies of Management and Organization (ISMO)"
intends to publish a special issue including the 5 best papers presented at the workshop
To find more information about ISMO please log into the following link:
Further announcements will be made by email or at the workshop.
The Conference will start on Monday May 23 at 8:30 am and is scheduled to end at approximately 5 p.m.on the following day.
The whole workshop will take place in the Hotel Métropole in which the EIASM premises are located (Place De Brouckère-plein 31, 1000 Brussels). and mention "EIASM"
The Hotel Métropole is marvelously well located right in the historical centre of Brussels, just a few steps away from the “Grand-Place”, the “Bourse” and the “Theatre de la Monnaie” and close to the central and north railway stations, that each have direct connections to Brussels International airport.
* Hotel Métropole ***** (conference location) PLEASE BOOK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Place de Brouckère 31 - 1000 Bruxelles
During the week :
Superior Single room at € 155 ,-/ night
Superior Double room at € 185,-/night
including buffet breakfast and all taxes !!!
During the week-end :
Superior Single room at € 140 ,-/ night
Superior Double room at € 140,-/night
including buffet breakfast and all taxes !!!
To take advantage of these special rates, please mention “EIASM” when making your reservation.
Contact : Mr.Chafik HABIB
Tel. : + 32 2 214 24 25 or + 32 2 214 24 26 or + 32 2 2142424
Fax : 32 2 2180240
Email : email@example.com
* Hotel NH Atlanta (next door) ****
Boulevard Adolph Max 7
Tel 00800 0115 0116 (free of charge) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Special rate (single or double room) 155 EUR (including breakfast)
Please mention "EIASM " when making your reservation.
* Citadines Apart'hotel (10 minutes walk)
51 quai au Bois à Brûler - 1000 Brussels
Tel 32 2 221 14 11 - Fax 32 2 2211599 -
To book a room, contact email@example.com
RESOTEL can also help you to find a room at a competitive price : firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is the search system of the company RESOTEL : http://www.belgium-hospitality.com/
The fees include participation to the workshop, documents, lunches, the workshop informal dinner and morning and afternoon refreshments.
Please click HERE to download the workshop programme.
FEES (VAT not included)
The fees include participation to the workshop, documents, lunches, the workshop dinner and morning and afternoon refreshments.
|For participants affiliated with an institution that is member or associate member of the EIASM's
|For participants coming from another academic institution
Cancellations made before May 1, 2011 will be reimbursed minus 20% of the total fee. No reimbursement will be possible after that date.
Payments should be made by :
- The following credit cards: Visa or Eurocard/Mastercard/Access
Ms. Graziella Michelante - EIASM Conference Manager
PLACE DE BROUCKÈRE-PLEIN - 31 - 1000 BRUSSELS - BELGIUM
Tel: +32 2 226 66 62 - Fax: +32 2 512 19 29