Institute of Accounting and Taxation
University of Münster, Germany
Prof. Dr. Christoph Watrin
Institute of Accounting and Taxation
University of Münster
Prof. Dr. Andreas Oestreicher
Prof. Jennifer Blouin, Ph.D.
The Wharton School
The University of Pennsylvania, USA
Prof. John Robinson, Ph.D.
C. Aubrey Smith Professor in Accounting
McCombs School of Business
The University of Texas at Austin, USA
CLICK HERE for the final programme of the event.
The goal of the seminar is to bring together international scholars working on current issues in taxation. Thereby we will learn about different worldwide tax research and create a setting where work in progress can be improved and discussed in-depth. Especially the attendance and moderating function of Prof. Blouin from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, and Prof. Robinson from the McCombs School of Business of the University of Texas at Austin, two of the leading US scholars in tax research, offers an excellent possibility to receive meaningful feedback for submitted work.
Relevant topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Accounting for income taxes.
• Tax accounting and capital markets.
• Similarities and differences between tax and financial accounting; book-tax conformity.
• Tax planning, tax avoidance and earnings management.
• Tax uncertainty, tax complexity and tax risk.
• Corporate governance and taxation.
• Taxation of multinational corporations.
• Taxation of family firms and public companies.
• Taxes and non-tax costs. Implicit taxes.
• Taxpayer behavior, tax compliance, tax consulting.
• The current and evolving duties of tax administrators and policymakers.
• Proposals for tax reforms, tax policy, recent legislative or regulatory changes.
• Important current tax issues.
• Taxes in a changing economic, regulatory, and fiscal environment.
• Tax harmonization.
The proposal is composed by a cover page and the body of the proposal. Please note that the proposal has to be submitted online as ONE document!
The COVER PAGE should be a separate sheet including the following information:
- Each Author’s name, his/her affiliation, address, telephone, fax, e-mail
The BODY of the proposal will consist of an abstract of 2 pages (cover page not included)
- All proposals should be single spaced, 11 point font, Times new roman or similar.
- The Abstract should include:
o Purpose/topic of research
o Research method
o Theories used
o Contribution of research
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April22, 2012
Author Notification: as of April 30, 2012
Scholarship application: April 22, 2012
Registration of Authors: May 31, 2012
The Research Center for Accounting and Taxation Münster offers five scholarships for young research fellows of 300 € each. To apply for a scholarship please send your proposal and a PhD confirmation letter to Nadine Ebert at Nadine.Ebert@wiwi.uni-muenster.de by 2 April 2012.
The scholarships will be announced onsite, so it is necessary for all participants to register online before the workshop.
Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster
• Treffhotel http://www.ramada.de/hotels/hotels_index.php?hotel_code=80010 ; prices per night from 85 €
• Stadthotel Münster http://www.stadthotel-muenster.de/index_173.html ; prices per night from 105 €
• Agora Hotel am Aasee http://www.agora-muenster.de/start.php?einstieg=hotelaasee ; price per night from 70 €
|For participants affiliated with an institution that is member or associate member of the EIASM's
|300 € (Exclusive of VAT)
|For participants coming from another academic institution
||390 € (Exclusive of VAT)
Cancellations made before June 14, 2012 will be reimbursed minus 20% of the total fee. No reimbursement will be possible after that date.
Payments should be made by :
- The following credit cards: Visa or Eurocard/Mastercard/Access
Ms. Cristina Setyar - EIASM Conference Manager
PLACE DE BROUCKÈRE-PLEIN - 31 - 1000 BRUSSELS - BELGIUM
Tel: +32 2 226 66 69 - Fax: +32 2 512 19 29