For full information on the EDEN concept and benefits, please click here.
The programme in Marketing will include seminars on :
- Research Methods in Marketing and Management
- Consumer Research
- Building Models for Marketing Decisions
- Strategic Marketing Research
- Interpretive Research Methods
- Advanced Model Building in Marketing
- Meta-Analysis for Management Research
- Research Traditions in International Sales Management
|PROGRAMME COORDINATOR & FACULTY
Per OSTERGAARD, University of Southern Denmark - Programme Coordinator & Faculty
Guliz GER, Bilkent University, Turkey.
James FITCHETT, Leicester University, UK.
Lisa PENALOZA, Kedge Business School, France.
Johanna MOISANDER, Alto University, Finland
This seminar introduces students to the design, conduct, evaluation, and presentation of qualitative research. Issues of “quality” (trustworthiness and dependability) and robustness in data collection, analysis, and interpretation are discussed. The roles of theory and research questions in the choice of methodology are also discussed. In addition, students are exposed to the philosophical and epistemological underpinnings of methodology. Finally, the seminar focuses on employment of ethical as well as effective field practices.
The main aim is to familiarize students with the methods so that they themselves can carry it out in their own scholarly research. However, we will also mention (briefly) the managerial use of interpretive research for marketing and business decisions.
Learning Goals are:
1. Grasping the epistemological bases of qualitative research
2. Grasping the interrelatedness of theory and methodology
3. Constructing a viable interpretive study design
4. Collecting rich and insightful data using a variety of methods
5. Analyzing and interpreting qualitative data
6. Employing ethical and effective field practices
7. Evaluating the quality of a study
8. Writing proposals and writing for publication
The seminar also offers possibilities for young researchers to get in contact with their peers, to explore new avenues of thinking, to learn collectively and to exchange ideas in a very active and stimulating way.
Students will be active participants in guided activities such as data analysis.
Full attendance is required to obtain the certificate.
4 ECTS will be assigned upon completion of the seminar
Interested doctoral students should register online (and add the required documents) no later than September 1, 2015. Besides doctoral students, other researchers may participate. The number of participants will be limited to create a stimulating environment. The selection among the applicants will be conducted by the Institute’s Faculty. They will review the following documents which should necessarily complement each application form:
- the applicant’s curriculum vitae demonstrating his/her capabilities of doing research ;
- a letter of recommendation of his/her local faculty supporting the application ;
- a two-page description of his/her doctoral research, indicating the general objectives.
The participation fee is 1100 € (VAT excluded). This fee includes participation to the seminar, the documentation, lunches and a group dinner. the documents,
The Institute offers a substantial reduction of the participation fee per member institution. These scholarships are strictly limited to students coming from an EIASM Institutional (the Academic Council). Allocation of the scholarships is entirely at the discretion of the European Institute.
Cancellations made before October 15, 2015 will be reimbursed with 10% deduction of the total fee. No reimbursement will be possible after this date.
TIME AND LOCATION
The seminar will be held at the EIASM, Brussels, Belgium .
The programme will start on November 9, 2015 at 09.00 with registratio as of 08.30 and is scheduled to end November 13, 2015 at approx 16.30.
A list of recommended hotels will posted.
Students are requested to make their own hotel arrangements.
TO APPLY CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Anne-Laure Marteaux
EDEN Manager, EIASM -
PASSAGE DU NORD - 19 - 1000 BRUSSELS - BELGIUM
Tel: +32 2 226 66 67 - Fax: +32 2 512 19 29