For full information on the EDEN concept and benefits, please click here.
|EDEN IN OPERATIONS & PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT
The programme in Operations & Production Management will include seminars on the following topics :
- Research Methodology in Operations Management
- Technology Management
- Project Management
|PROGRAMME COORDINATOR & FACULTY
Prof. Rui Sousa, Catolica Porto Business School - Universidade Catolica Portuguesa, Portugal (Programme Coordinator)
Prof. Pär Åhlström, Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden
Prof. Marco Formentini, University of Trento, Italy
Prof. Cipriano Forza, University of Padova, Italy
Prof. Jan Fransoo, Tilburg University, the Netherlands
Prof. Maximiliano Udenio, KU Leuven, Belgium
A FEW MORE PLACES MIGHT BE AVAILABLE. Contact email@example.com
The EIASM EDEN doctoral seminar on research methodology in operations management is designed to fit PhD students in operations management. The seminar gives participants insights into the characteristics of four different research methodologies: model-based research, surveys, case studies and action research. The main purpose of the seminar is to make participants aware of when to use different methodologies and the strengths and weaknesses of each methodology.
The first day contains general features and advice on the research process, which are similar regardless of methodology. It also works as an introduction to the rest of the week and helps participants to set the different methodologies into perspective. The following four days are spent on each methodology, going through how to conduct and report a study based on the particular methodology. This is done by leading experts on each methodology.
Upon leaving the week, participants will have an increased insight into the research process and the nature of different methodologies, to help in their choice of methodology or, as more often is the case, help them fit the methodology to their research question.
- Monday, January 29th: Introduction to Researching Operations Management, Prof. Pär Åhlström
- Tuesday, January 30th, Survey Research, Prof. Cipriano Forza
- Wednesday, January 31st, Case Research, Prof. Rui Sousa
- Thursday, February 1st, Action Research, Prof. Marco Formentini
- Friday, February 2nd, Model-based Research, Prof. Jan Fransoo and Prof. Maximiliano Udenio
Application deadline: 2 December 2023
Notification: 6 December 2023 (if you don't have yours, contact firstname.lastname@example.org )
Interested doctoral students should apply online (and add the required documents, in English) no later than December 2, 2023. Besides doctoral students, other researchers may participate. The number of participants will be limited to create a stimulating environment. The selection among the applicants will be conducted by the seminar’s faculty. They will review the following documents which should necessarily complement each application form:
- the applicant’s curriculum vitae demonstrating his/her capabilities of doing research ;
- a letter of recommendation of his/her local faculty supporting the application ;
- a two-page description of his/her doctoral research, indicating the general objectives.
1 – Apply for the seminar by submitting all necessary documents online by the announced deadline. All documents need to be in English.
2 – EIASM will notify you of the selection results. If you are accepted to participate, the Institute will inform you at this point if you are eligible for a scholarship and will confirm the amount of the scholarship.
3 – EIASM will ask you to confirm your participation and once this confirmation is received, you will be invoiced for your attendance.
Full attendance and a term paper are required to obtain the certificate.
4 ECTS will be assigned upon completion of the seminar
The participation fee is 1250 € (VAT exempt).
This fee includes participation to the seminar, access to documents, the planned coffee breaks and lunches, plus a group dinner.
EIASM provides 3 scholarships per EIASM Academic Council Member for this seminar (50% off the registration fee). Allocation of the scholarships is entirely at the discretion of the European Institute.
Important: please double check the validity of your university’s membership. It may run until a specific month of a given year and thus only make you eligible for a discount until the end of that month. For the complete list of members click here.
Requests for registration cancellations must be received in writing by the EDEN Team (email@example.com) before 7 January 2024. Cancellations received before this date are eligible for 90% refund. Cancellations received on or after 7 January 2024 are not eligible for a refund.
Some testimonials from students who participated in the previous editions:
- "Very helpful workshop in order to get a feeling of how to conduct research rigor and how to enter specific conversations in order to contribute in the way you as young research want.Thank you so much for the organization and the opportunity to participate this week in Belgium."
- "The course broadened my thoughts at a global lens, the diversified course topics enlightened my skills, above all the course participants (different research fields and countries) were very social, which made the seminar even more enjoyable."
- "I got a broad overview of different research methods in OM field, which is very helpful at the beginning of my PhD journey."
TIME AND LOCATION
The seminar will be held in Brussels. Location (central) will be announced soon.
The programme will start on January 29, 2024 early in the morning (at 8.30/8.45 am) and is scheduled to end February 2, 2024 in the afternoon (around 4pm). A group dinner will be organised. Time and date will be communicated in due course.
Application link below
For more information, please contact:
The EDEN Team
EIASM - Rue FOSSÉ AUX LOUPS - 38 - BOX 3 - 1000 BRUSSELS - BELGIUM
Tel: +32 2 226 66 69