For full information on the EDEN concept and benefits, please click here.
|DOCTORAL TRACK ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION
This EDEN doctoral seminar is the first seminar of a 'Doctoral Track'.
The Doctoral Track is a unique opportunity for doctoral students and junior researchers to follow a well-balanced Ph.D. programme in the areas of entrepreneurship and innovation.
The doctoral track includes three programmes:
1. EDEN Doctoral Seminar on Methods, Techniques and Theories in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Brussels, December 3-7, 2007
The seminar introduces the participants to the methods, techniques and theories commonly used in their research area. It also offers possibilities for young researchers to get in contact with their peers, to explore new avenues of thinking, to learn collectively and to exchange ideas in a very active and stimulating way.
The emphasis is on interactive learning with peers about the practical aspects of setting up a research project
2. Doctoral Tutorial I on Entrepreneurship and Innovation
This tutorial gives the participants the opportunity to present the intermediate results of their own research project/paper to leading peers.
3. Doctoral Tutorial II on Entrepreneurship and Innovation
This tutorial gives the participants the opportunity to present their near-final research results of their own research project/paper to leading peers.
The Doctoral Track is a unique opportunity to share knowledge, discuss a variety of topics, refine your research questions and shape your research proposal. In addition the seminar and tutorial provide a excellent networking opportunity.
It is recommended that doctoral students participate in the full doctoral track, that is the EDEN seminar on methods, techniques and theories and the 2 tutorials. Participation to the doctoral tutorials is not limited to only doctoral students who attended the EDEN seminar, but will be opened to all doctoral students and young researchers.
Professor Bart Clarysse - Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School
Professor Bart Clarysse - Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School, Belgium
Professor Mike Wright - Nottingham University Business School, UK and Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam, Netherlands
Professor Philippe Mustar - Ecole des Mines, Paris, France
Professor Erkko Autio - Imperial College, UK
Professor Massimo Colombo - Milano Polytecnico, Italy
December 3th - Professor Bart Clarysse - Imperial College, UK and UGent, Belgium
- Different theoretical insights into research in technology based entrepreneurship : resource based theory, strategy, industrial economics, organizational behavior
- Grounded theory as a research design
- Discussion of different papers
December 4th - Professor Mike Wright - Nottingham University Business School, UK and Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam, Netherlands
- The evolution of entrepreneurship as a domain
- Venture capital and entrepreneurship
- Questionnaire development and testing
- Discussion of different publication outlets
December 5th - Professor Philippe Mustar - Ecole des Mines, Paris, France
- Public policy and entrepereneurship
- The use of a sociological lens to analyse entrepreneurship
- Undertaking historical case studies in policy research
- Discussion of different policy oriented papers
December 6th - Professor Erkko Autio- Imperial College, UK
- International entrepreneurship
- Overview of the literature
- Recent trends in the field of internationalization and entrepreneurship
- Discussion of papers on the subject
December 7th – Professor Massimo Colombo - Milano Polytecnico, Italy
- Strategy and entrepreneurship
- The use of different instruments in the strategy literature
TIME AND LOCATION
The seminar will be held at the EIASM, Brussels.
The programme will start on December 3, 2007 and is scheduled to end December 7, 2007
The normal participation fee is 1500 €.
Thanks to the financial resources from the G2G Project ,which was sponsored by the European Commission, we are pleased to offer a reduction on the normal participation fee to all people registered within the G2G Community. Hence the participation fee for this seminar for the G2G Community is 1000 Euros.
For more information on the G2G network and to join, please go to: http://g2g.eiasm.eu/
Furthermore the Institute is pleased to offer a limited number of scholarships of 500 € each. Scholarships are strictly limited to students coming from an EIASM Institutional Member (the Academic Council). Allocation of the scholarships is entirely at the discretion of the European Institute.
Thus the fee is as follows:
- Normal participation fee: 1.500 €
- Doctoral students from the G2G Community: 1.000 €
- Doctoral students from member institution: 500 €
This fee includes participation to the seminar, the documents, lodging and full board.
Doctoral students will be assigned rooms for two. Should you wish a single room, an extra fee of 25 € per night will be charged to you.
Cancellations made before November 15, 2007 will be reimbursed with 10% deduction of the total fee. No reimbursement will be possible after this date.
Interested doctoral students should register online (and add the required documents) no later than October 3, 2007. Besides doctoral students, other researchers may participate. The number of participants will be limited to create a stimulating environment. The selection among the applicants will be conducted by the Institute’s Faculty. They will review the following documents which should necessarily complement each application form:
For more information, please contact:
- the applicant’s curriculum vitae demonstrating his/her capabilities of doing research ;
- a letter of recommendation of his/her local faculty supporting the application ;
- a two-page description of his/her doctoral research, indicating the general objectives.
The EDEN Team
EIASM - Rue FOSSÉ AUX LOUPS - 38 - BOX 3 - 1000 BRUSSELS - BELGIUM
Tel: +32 2 226 66 69