Stephanie O’Donohoe (local organiser)
The biennial EIASM Interpretive Consumer Research workshop will be held in Edinburgh. The workshop attracts established and emerging scholars mainly, but not exclusively, from Europe. We are interested in examining the symbolic, socio-cultural, historical, ideological and experiential aspects of consumption and we draw our theoretical inspiration from a wide variety of research traditions from the social sciences, arts and humanities. A key feature of the workshop that makes it different is that we strive to maintain it as a ‘workshop’. This means that it’s relatively small and intimate and offers an opportunity to discuss ideas in an informal, friendly and supportive atmosphere.
To foster dialogue and debate and to differentiate ICR8 from other similar conferences like CCT, the focus will continue to be theoretical and methodological innovation in interpretive consumer research; that is, we are not overly concerned with empirically grounded papers. We are inviting both single papers and special sessions (a series of three papers focused around a single theoretical or methodological theme). In addition we welcome suggestions for roundtable discussions from a group of scholars focused on a substantive theme.
We invite papers, special sessions and roundtables that address (but are not limited to) the following themes:
• Methodological innovation in interpretive consumer research;
• New developments in theoretical/ philosophical approaches to understanding consumers, consumption and consumer culture (PhD students can submit the theoretical frameworks that underpin their doctoral theses);
• New ideas that are at the early stage of conceptual/ theoretical development;
• The examination of under theorised domains of consumer action and experience;
• Critical reviews of existing theoretical/ methodological approaches.
The academic program will start on 16 April 2015 in the morning at around 8.30 AM and will end on 17 April 2015 in the afternoon, at around 6 PM. A welcome reception will be organised on 15 April in the late afternoon. The Workshop dinner will be organised on 17 April.
Click here for the detailed final programme.
|SUBMISSION GUIDELINES & DEADLINES
• For papers, 1 page abstract, 12 pt Times New Roman, single spaced; for special sessions 2 pages with 1 section that introduces the theme and three short abstracts of each paper in the session; for roundtables 1 page abstract plus a list of roundtable discussants).
• Papers to be submitted via the EIASM website; deadline 12 December 2014.
• Notification of acceptation: January 21st, 2015.
• For accepted abstracts, 5 page papers, including front page, references and appendix must be sent by March 16th, 2015. To submit your final papers follow the procedure mentioned in the acceptance email.
The University of Edinburgh Business School,
29 Buccleuch Place,
Edinburgh EH8 9JS
In order to book rooms with the prices below mention the code ICR 2015.
18-21 Market Street
Phone : +44/131/220 073-0; Fax : +44/131/226 8839
email : email@example.com
10-15 Princes Street
Phone : +44/131/5 50 92 20; Fax : +44/131/556 91 87
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
No. of Rooms: 15 rooms for single occupancy
£69.00 per night/room (excluding Breakfast) Classic Room
£78.50 per night/room (including Continental Buffet Breakfast*) Classic Room
£79.00 per night/room (excluding Breakfast) Room with a View
£88.50 per night/room (including Continental Buffet Breakfast*) Room with a
(Room allocation is valid until 18.03.2015 after this date all unsold rooms will be automatically released by the hotel at no charge.)
Ten Hill Place (4*)
10 Hill Place, Edinburgh
email@example.com or phone 0131 662 2080
£95.00 B&B per room per night
Bedrooms are set up for 15th, 16th & 17th April 2015 (35 on each night) on allocation basis.(Unsold bedrooms to be released on 18th March 2015 automatically from our system, after deadline your rate to be subject to our availability and cannot be guaranteed.)
Residence Marriott (4*)
36 Simpson Loan Quartermile
Edinburgh, Scotland EH3 9GG
Superior Studio Suites per night at £119.00 per night
Studio Suites at £109.00 per night
|For participants affiliated with an institution that is member or associate member of the EIASM's
|290,00 € (VAT Exempt)|
|For participants coming from another academic institution
||370,00 € (VAT Exempt)|
Cancellations made before March 30, 2015 will be reimbursed minus 20% of the total fee. No reimbursement will be possible after that date.
Payments should be made by :
- The following credit cards: Visa or Eurocard/Mastercard/Access
Ms. Cristina Setyar - EIASM Conference Manager
PASSAGE DU NORD - 19 - 1000 BRUSSELS - BELGIUM
Tel: +32 2 226 66 69 - Fax: +32 2 512 19 29