Doctoral Supervision is becoming an important challenge for many institutions delivering management education at doctoral level. The emergence of a global market for recruiting of Faculty members makes the quality of doctoral education and doctoral supervision in Management and Business Studies a major concern for the coming decades.
Increasingly, doctoral programmes will be evaluated on their capacity to produce full-time doctorates in relatively short periods of time (3-4 years), on their ability to show relevance for the corporate world and on their success at generating publications in outstanding academic journals. Efficient and excellent supervision becomes a condition of survival and development for doctoral programmes across Europe and beyond.
EIASM and EDAMBA, which have both a long experience in doctoral training, have decided to join forces to create a space of exchange, communication and training among actual and potential supervisors of institutions of their respective networks and beyond
Programme will be available soon.
The 10th EDAMBA – EIASM Consortium targets two groups of faculty:
- Younger faculty and post-docs with research background who will have to supervise doctoral dissertations in the near future. They can find in this event an opportunity to learn and get advice from participants and faculty with a rich experience in both research and practice of supervision.
- Senior supervisors who can find in this event an opportunity for exchanging with colleagues on the various challenges of supervision, and who are ready, in the spirit of the EDAMBA-EIASM values, to share their experience and ideas with the incoming generation of new supervisors.
Mixing senior and junior colleagues in that context will create many benefits, as it will make it possible to:
- Share concerns and/or questions relative to doctoral supervision across institutional, disciplinary and geographical boundaries;
- Foster a dialogue in an intellectually stimulating and still intimate environment;
- Learn from best research practices and outcomes throughout Europe and beyond.
Application Deadline: November 9, 2020
Notification of participants: end November
1. please complete the form and email it to Nina payen - firstname.lastname@example.org
To download the form, please click HERE
2. Complete the registration by going to Online Registration below
The fees include participation to the:
- Doctoral Consortium
- 1 Group dinner
||FEE (in Euros)
|For participants affiliated with an institution that is member of the EIASM's Academic Councilor a member of EDAMBA
Please make sure your institution is a member of EIASM or EDAMBA.
if in doubt, contact Nina Payen email@example.com
|For participants coming from another academic institution
Payment should be made by the following credit cards: Visa or Eurocard/Mastercard/Access
TIME AND LOCATION
The seminar will be held at ESADE, Sant Cugat, Barcelona, Spain
ESADE Business School - Universitat Ramon Llull
Campus Barcelona - Sant Cugat
Avda. Torre Blanca, 59
08172 Sant Cugat del Vallès
The programme will start on 13 January 2021 and is scheduled to end on 15 January 2021.
You are requested to make your own hotel arrangement.
A list of recommended hotels will be provided.
Ms. Nina K. Payen - EIASM Event Manager
EIASM - Passage du Nord 19 - 1000 BRUSSELS - BELGIUM
Tel: +32 2 226 66 61