Frederik Riar, University of Bern
European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM) is an international network for management research and teaching that includes more than 50.000 management scientists from all over the world. EIASM's mission is to enhance high quality in research and doctoral studies in management and related disciplines.
The 16th EIASM Workshop on Family Firm Management Research is organized online and hosted by Jönköping International Business School in collaboration with the European Family Business Research Centers (EuFBC) network, formed by 15 of the largest research centers conducting research in the field of family business in Europe. The workshop continues a tradition of successful academic events in Jönköping (2005, 2007 & 2012), Nice (2006), Naples (2008), Hasselt (2009), Barcelona, (2010), Witten (2011), Helsinki (2013), Bergamo (2014), Lyon (2015), Zwolle (2016), Bilbao (2017), Larnaca (2018) and Nantes (2019). The workshop will provide great opportunities for researchers to share their experiences, receive high value feedback on each other’s work and to form new research collaborations.
The current pandemic and its consequences forced every scholar to reflect about sustainable development, networks, and opportunity for establishing collaborations in different forms. The 16th EIASM Workshop on Family Firm Management Research represents a unique opportunity for engaging in such discussion.
Family firms are often torn between their local and global environments. They are visible and embedded in their environment, facing the responsibilities of contributing to a sustainable development of their local communities. At the same time, with their products, services, and international supply chain networks, family firms face the global challenges and share the responsibility of achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The central theme of the Workshop is ‘Family Firms between local and global challenges’, but we welcome all research papers contributing at expanding the frontiers of family business research. For example, we welcome paper exploring the intersection between family business and Innovation, Digitalization, Internationalization, Governance, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Practice, Emotions, Ethics, HR, Careers, Strategy, and Sustainability.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION CLOSED
Please submit your abstract only through the EIASM online submission system.
Note that the proposal have to be submitted online as ONE document
All proposals should be single spaced, 11 point font, Times new roman or similar.
After acceptance of the abstract you will be invited to submit a final paper.
Final papers can be submitted in two formats:
- As a Full paper
- As a Work-in-progress (7-10 pages plus tables and references).
Deadline abstracts: 27 June 2021
The Workshop will be organized in the following day:
• Thursday, 16.09.2021 from 14:00 to 18:00
• Thursday, 23.09.2021 from 14:00 to 18:00
• Thursday, 30.09.2021 from 14:00 to 18:00
• Thursday, 7.10.2021 from 14:00 to 18:00
• Thursday, 14.10.2021 from 14:00 to 18:00
• Thursday, 21.10.2021 from 14:00 to 18:00
Each day of the workshop, will be structured as follow:
• 14:00-15:00 Keynote speeches
• 15:00-17:00 Parallel sessions
• 17:00-18:00 Activities
With the support of the centers of the EuFBC network we will explore and discussed the emerging topics in family business, with a particular attention toward the challenges and opportunities in the current global scenario. Each day of the conference, three EuFBC centers will present three keynote speeches that will introduce the topics of the sessions. A number of topics have been already identified: entrepreneurship, innovation, internationalization, sustainability, governance and ownership, and more will be added.
We will then gather in parallel sessions, where the papers connected to the topics of the day will be presented by the conference participants and where the scholars from the different research centers will act as discussants. We invite scholars to submit their research projects in the form of a long abstract (2 pages). This format offers the opportunity to receive feedback on new ideas, discuss about ongoing research projects, or present more defined fully developed papers.
We will conclude the activities of every conference day, with a one-hour session dedicated to looking for inspiration for future research opportunities. We will do so by meeting with scholars, editors, family business owners and consultant. Each session will be highly interactive to stimulate a constructive dialogue combining different perspective.
The workshop will also offer the occasion to celebrate the EIASM 50thanniversary.
The 16th EIASM Workshop on Family Firm Management Research will be co-organized by CeFEO and EuFBC. We invite you to engage in a conversation that will take place between September 16 and October 21, 2021. The event will be distributed over 6 days, being a regular appointment, every Thursday from 15:00 to 18:00 for all participants to the conference.
The European Family Business Research Centers (EuFBC) network is formed by 15 of the largest research centers conducting research in the field of family business in Europe. Each center will actively participate and contribute to the workshop by offering keynotes and activities to all the participants.
The workshop will explore the power of resilience and network, by creating a unique setting of discussion that will allow to deepen our understanding of the emerging topics of research in the field, guided by several of the field’s leading scholars.
The European Family Business Reseach Centers (EuFBC) network is a joint initiative of a group of some of the largest Family Business Centres in Europe, from nine different countries. The goals is to offer a common platform for scholars across the continent to present and debate state-of-art academic research on family business, business families, and family entrepreneurship. The members of EuFBC are:
• Bocconi University (Italy), Chair in Strategic Management in Family Business
• EDHEC Business School (France), EDHEC Family Business Research Centre
• Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (Italy), Centre for Family Business Management
• Hasselt University (Belgium), Research Centre for Entrepreneurship and Family Firms
• IPAG Business School (France), IPAG Entrepreneurship and Family Business Center
• Jönköping International Business School (Sweden), Centre for Family Entrepreneurship and Ownership
• Lancaster University (United Kingdom), Centre for Family Business
• Tel Aviv University (Israel), Raya Strauss Center for Family Firm Research
• Università Cattaneo LIUC (Italy), FABULA Family Business Lab
• University of Bergamo (Italy), Center for Young and Family Enterprise
• University of Bern (Switzerland), IMU-U and IOP-P
• University of St. Gallen (Switzerland), Center for Family Business CFB-HSG
• WHU (Germany), Institute for Family Business and Mittelstand
• Windesheim University of Applied Sciences (The Netherlands), Dutch Centre of Expertise in Family Business
• Zeppelin University (Germany), Friedrichshafen Institute of Family Business
The event will take place fully online from September 16 to October 21, every Thursday from 14:00 to 18:00 Central European Time.
Payments should be made by :
ADMINISTRATIONMs. Cristina Setyar - EIASM Conference Manager
EIASM - PASSAGE DU NORD - 19 - 1000 BRUSSELS - BELGIUM
Tel: +32 2 226 66 69 - Fax: +32 2 512 19 29