Institute of Accounting and Taxation
University of Münster, Germany
Prof. Dr. Christoph Watrin
Institute of Accounting and Taxation
University of Münster
Professor Dr. Christoph Spengel
Chair for Business Taxation II
University of Mannheim
Prof. Douglas Shackelford, Ph.D.
Associate Dean of MBA@UNC and Meade H. Willis Distinguished Professor of Taxation
Kenan-Flagler Business School
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC
Prof. Scott Dyreng, Ph.D.
Duke University: The Fuqua School of Business
For the final programme click here
The goal of the workshop is to bring together international scholars working on current issues in taxation. Thereby we will learn about different worldwide tax research and create a setting where work in progress can be improved and discussed in-depth. Especially the attendance and moderating function of Prof. Shackelford and Prof. Dyreng offers an excellent opportunity to receive meaningful feedback for submitted work.
Relevant topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Accounting for income taxes.
• Tax accounting and capital markets.
• Similarities and differences between tax and financial accounting; book-tax conformity.
• Tax planning, tax avoidance and earnings management.
• Tax uncertainty, tax complexity and tax risk.
• Corporate governance and taxation.
• Taxation of multinational corporations.
• Taxation of family firms and public companies.
• Taxes and non-tax costs. Implicit taxes.
• Taxpayer behavior, tax compliance, tax consulting.
• The current and evolving duties of tax administrators and policymakers.
• Proposals for tax reforms, tax policy, recent legislative or regulatory changes.
• Important current tax issues.
• Taxes in a changing economic, regulatory, and fiscal environment.
• Tax harmonization.
The proposal is composed of a cover page and the body of the proposal. Please note that the proposal has to be submitted online as ONE document!
The COVER PAGE should include the following information:
- Each Author’s name, his/her affiliation, address, telephone, fax, e-mail
The BODY of the proposal will consist of an abstract of 2 pages (cover page not included):
- All proposals should be single spaced, 11 point font, Times new roman or similar.
- The abstract should include:
o Purpose/topic of research
o Research method
o Theories used
o Contribution of research
Proposal Submission: 18 April 2013
Author Notification: as of 26 April 2013
Registration of authors: 31 May 2013
Final papers: 18 June 2013
The Research Center for Accounting and Taxation Münster offers five scholarships for young research fellows of 300 € each. To apply for a scholarship please send your proposal and a PhD confirmation letter to Robert Ullmann at Robert.Ullmann@wiwi.uni-muenster.de by 21 April 2013.
|PHD SEMINAR ORGANISED BY MIAT
The workshop is followed by a PhD Seminar with the keynote speakers on July 3-4, 2013. Applications to this PhD Seminar may be sent together with a PhD confirmation letter to Robert Ullmann at Robert.Ullmann@wiwi.uni-muenster.de by 21 April 2013.
Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster
• Treffhotel http://www.ramada.de/hotels/hotels_index.php?hotel_code=80010 ; prices per night from 99 € (breakfast excluded)
• Stadthotel Münster http://www.stadthotel-muenster.de/; prices per night from 72 € (breakfast excluded)
• Agora Hotel am Aasee http://www.agora-muenster.de/start.php?einstieg=hotelaasee; price per night from 70 € (breakfast included)
|For participants affiliated with an institution that is member or associate member of the EIASM's
|300,00 € (VAT Exempt)|
|For participants coming from another academic institution
||390,00 € (VAT Exempt)|
Cancellations made before June 17, 2013 will be reimbursed minus 20% of the total fee. No reimbursement will be possible after that date.
Payments should be made by :
- The following credit cards: Visa or Eurocard/Mastercard/Access
Ms. Cristina Setyar - EIASM Conference Manager
PASSAGE DU NORD - 19 - 1000 BRUSSELS - BELGIUM
Tel: +32 2 226 66 69 - Fax: +32 2 512 19 29